VOLUNTEER TRUCK / UNIT DRIVERS REQUIRED
Expressions of interest are invited from interested and qualified Lions to participate as a Volunteer Driver.
This role will report to the Truck/Unit & Driver Coordinator and will also have a close working relationship with the Skin Check Roster/Volunteer Screeners Coordinator and Screeners.
DESCRIPTION OF QUALIFICATION
• The position is voluntary
• Some logistics background would be considered useful
• Holding of a HR licence with towing experience is preferable as a minimum
Maintenance and repairs
• Be responsible for daily checks and reporting of any maintenance issues of the truck and van
• Ensure that service and repairs are carried out in a timely manner and major faults are drawn to the attention of the Truck/Unit & Driver Coordinator.
• Be familiar with the manual for set up and operation of the truck, van and ancillary equipment, including generator, water tank and air conditioning
• Adhere to the check list for daily operations and safe working of towing vehicle and the Skin Check Van
• Report all costs to Truck/Unit & Driver Coordinator by presentation of receipts. Fuel costs will be covered by the Foundation and an expense report will be required to support charges expected to be placed on a Fuel Card or similar.
• At all times adopt safe working practices and abide by relevant laws and regulations
Driver accreditation and Management
• All Drivers will be accredited and trained via the Truck/Unit & Driver Coordinator.
• Provide feedback about the vehicles and equipment
• Liaise with host clubs regarding siting for visits which will need to be secured overnight
All driving commitments will be negotiated with the Truck/Unit & Driver Coordinator and will be based on availability and area of service. Drivers will be given the option of working within their District, or beyond if agreed.
This is a wonderful opportunity to participate and contribute to a great project.
Applications detailing your experience, qualifications and what you may bring to this position are invited.